Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Update - The Pitts Style

Happy Monday!.. Oh wait, it's Tuesday, but it still feels like Monday. For some strange reason, long weekends aren't as sweet when you have a Monday off - I think the weekend hangover (sometimes literally) just amplifies in its wake.

So, since the purpose of this blog is to keep the world posted on my life in - you guessed it - Pittsburgh, I figured I should do some updating on that front.. so here we go.

For starters, job, love, apartment and life in general are all great, so I will save all of the gory and TMI details for Girls Night tonight (Bachelor Pad and wine anyone?). Just know that I am perfectly content, and more sure of my decision to make the leap to The Pitts than ever. *Insert cheer here*


Best. Episode. Ever. So good, I'm watching it again tonight.
Photo Courtesy of The Hollywood Gossip

Now for a few not-so-intimate Pittsburgh things that are worthy of an update:

1. I am actually starting to learn my way around! The tell-tale sign that you're becoming acquainted with a new town/city/area is that when you get lost, you can get yourself straightened out without cussing and consulting Google Maps. I have successfully accomplished this twice, even using an alterate bridge/tunnel combination (GASP), so I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

2. I like the Pittsburgh Pirates more and more every day. Why? Well, after attending several games this year (and watching several, several more), I can honestly say that I'm rooting for them. Everyone loves an underdog, and they have a goofy charm and will to win that is infectious. Secondly, and infinitely more important - it's football season. How do the two relate? The Pirates offer a nice distraction from the Steelers in my neck of the woods, so I will hang on to their season as long as possible before I am consumed by the Black and Gold tide that rolls into Heinz Field.


Disclaimer: This shirt is only fit to be worn when it pertains to the MLB. It will go far, far away during football season.

3. I could go out to eat every night of the week, and I'm confident that I would still have only sampled the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Pittsburgh dining. I have yet to come across a place that I haven't liked, even when stepping a bit outside of my comfort zone when it comes to my tastebuds. Pittsburgh does the meat-and-potatoes thing very well, but mixes in a surprisingly large quantity of fusion and ethnic eateries that will leave your head spinning. Keep tabs on my Eats and Treats Page to get my latest adventures in eating.

4. I know you're all dying to know about my encounters with Yinzers, but, sadly, I have found that they don't quite run amuck like I assumed they would, shouting crazy things in that undecipherable language of theirs. I'm hoping that I will stumble upon a hot spot at some point, but, for now, this update leaves something to be desired.

That's all for now from The Pitts!

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment