Thursday, November 8, 2012

THAT Just Happened Thursday Link Up

I feel like this Link Up was made for me - not only do I love reading people's stories of those oh-so-beloved SMH moments, but I feel like (as of late) they are all my life is comprised of!






Take this morning for example...

Let me set the scene - it's early, and I'm on my way into work. That's pretty much it. I am not a morning person, and commuting is not the best way (in my opinion) to start the day. But the music on the radio was unusually good, Hunter Hayes was making me melt, and I was, all-in-all, feeling pretty great!

Enter Mystery Man Driver. There is nothing worse than cruising along in traffic at a solid 30 MPH, and having someone sitting on your tail, honking and signalling for you to get out of the way. To this road-rage-aholic I say: "Where do you expect me to go?" So I stayed put, and continued minding my own business.

But that wasn't good enough for MMD. No, no, instead he pulls into the lane next to me, waves a not-so-nice finger, and proceeds to get stuck next to me because (shockingly) everyone is going just as slow as I am. I laughed at the awkwardness,  and even shook it off when he cut me off and sped off into the sunset. Good riddens MMD, right?

Not quite. Who do I pull in next to in the parking lot at work? MMD. He looks at me, double-takes, then rushes into the building ahead of me.

Sadly, not fast enough. We were in the elevator together, got off on the same floor, and even had to walk down the same hallway. The entire time, I was smirking uncontrollably, and I have never seen anyone that red!

Sadly, I don't have a photo to capture, but the image below pretty much sums up my reaction to MMD:


MUAH! Have a wonderful day, darling!

THAT just happened.

SJ

9 comments:

  1. I just tweeted your story!!!

    Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! That is hilarious! I'll bet he thinks twice before being such a rude driver again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha oh my gosh, that is the best story ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a whole hell of a lot nice than I would have been. See, I have this double standard when it comes to driving.. I can get pissed off at people, but they dare not honk their horn at me ;) Totally unfair, I know, but it's what goes on in my head..

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! ahaha and I would not of been so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahaha I would have been like wow, great day for some driving huh?

    Thanks for linking up love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sugar Pie Honey BunchNovember 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM

    bahahaha I love this.

    ReplyDelete